Thursday, November 15, 2012

Using "Celebrity Bookprints" from @Scholastic - What's YOUR bookprint? #bmswired

Pin It

A couple of weeks ago I came across this awesome page from Scholastic with Celebrity "Bookprints."  Scholastic defines a bookprint as the "list of five books that leave an indelible mark on our lives, shaping who we are and who we become."  It really got me thinking about the 5 books that I feel have shaped MY life and then I got to thinking about my staff and even our students!  I decided to pose this task to my teachers at BMS.  It was awesome to see their responses and get a sort of sneak-peak into what makes them tick!  Here's what I did...

First, I created a Google Doc with the instructions and also created a Google Form for my teachers to fill out with the 5 books they would put in their "bookprint."

Then, I created a Google Presentation and added a new slide for each teacher who completed the form. I inserted a footprint image as the background and used the Google Research Tool to locate the book covers for each of their books.

To finish off this little project, I printed all of the "bookprints" and displayed them on a bulletin board outside of the computer labs.  It's funny that a few days after I put them up, there was a second wave of people to complete the form.  Nothing like a little bit of positive peer pressure to get people to participate!!  :)



I am hoping that a few teachers might want to do this with their students!  (Uh hum...hint, hint...if any of my teachers are reading this...I can help, you know!)  It would be very easy for the kids to create their own Google Presentation slide and use the Google Research Tool to drag their top 5 influential book titles onto the "bookprint."  :)  Students could either share their slide with the teacher to be compiled into a whole class presentation or print it out for a display.

So I'm curious...what's YOUR bookprint?!  :)  Leave a me a comment below - I'd love to know!



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Did any teachers list 50 Shades of Grey? HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I did have one ask if she could. Ummmm...no. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like fun. We are moving into a new building next year. what a fun first bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete