TED Talks

In their own words, "TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading."  And spread ideas they do.  I urge you to take some time during your lunch break, while having your morning cup of coffee or before you shut down for the day and watch some TED Talks.  As educators, it's our charge to foster creativity in our students, promote stimulating classroom discussions and cultivate a classroom of thinkers, dreamers, and doers. 

To say that these videos are thought-provoking would be the understatement of the school year.  I am posting two of my favorites to date, but I know there are hundreds more that could easily take their place.  They're brief, but pack a lot of punch.  It's funny...as I watched these I felt inspired...feelings of my own creativity were evoked...and all of a sudden I wanted to talk to kids about it!

I urge you to watch the videos below, visit http://www.ted.com/ and watch some more, and then share them with your students.  I think you can really open the door to some great discussions and lessons as a result of these provocative clips!





Comments