On-Demand, Online Media Storage

I have been fearful lately of losing everything.  And then it happened.  My flashdrive died.  Just.  Plain.  Died.  Can't get it to read on my Mac.  Can't get it to read on my PC.  Done.

I knew it was bound to happen.  I preach to my teachers all the time about BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP.  So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and take it to the cloud!

I have decided to use a service called Dropbox.  It's an online media storage service that allows you to access and modify your files on ANY computer or mobile device anywhere in the world.  You simply download the client, drag-and-drop your files into the Dropbox folder, and you are done!  You can even share files and folders with friends, family, and colleagues.

The best part is they offer 2GB of storage for FREE!  I decided to go ahead and upgrade to 50GBfor $99/year.  Worth every penny for the peace of mind!  I am having a great time moving all of my files and seeing them miraculously appear on my laptop, desktop, and iPhone!  Plus, it's a good time for me to delete old files and clean up my folders!  :)

You can visit the Dropbox site or watch a short introductory video to learn more.  PLEASE take my advice...BACK UP YOUR FILES!  Don't lose everything!!!

Comments