30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 5

Day 5 - Post a picture of your classroom, and describe what you see–and what you don’t see that you’d like to.

Again, I don't really have a classroom, but this year I do have a great new office at the high school where I am based. I really wanted the space to feel SUPER inviting to the teachers. I learned years ago to ALWAYS have chocolate! I tell the teachers, "Come see me and get chocolate! We don't even have to talk! You can just grab it and go!" 9 times out of 10, they come to get chocolate and we end up visiting about cool upcoming ideas. :) 

 
My current office is a work in progress. This picture is actually a little outdated. I've done some more work since this pic, but an exciting thing happened last week... The Advanced Principles of Interior Design class came to see my office and they have decided to take it on as a remodel project! Score! The students asked me a lot of questions and here are some of the things we discussed...
  • I like clean lines and lots of white.  (They're thinking of doing some painting for me!)
  • I want the space to feel modern, but inviting.  Teachers have to WANT to come in there!
  • I share the space with the library (storage), so a solution to hide some of the library equipment would be great.
  • I have 2 little boys who are in my office after school, so maybe some soft eating for them to eat a snack and relax while I finish working would be nice.
I will post after pics after the students have worked their magic.  What are YOUR abosolute must-haves in your office?  I would love to heard about them!



Comments