30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 27, 28 and 29 (oops!)

Day 27 - What role do weekends and holidays play in your teaching?
I think I can speak for all dedicated, committed educators when I say that it doesn't matter if it's the weekend...Christmas...after hours...before hours...  We're ALWAYS WORKING!  I try really hard to turn it off when I leave school, but the truth is, I am always thinking of ways I can help my teachers or mulling around ideas I can use for training and PD.  I wake up in the middle of the night and grab my phone to send myself an email or snap a picture of a sign I see while we're traveling that gives me a brainstorm.  While I absolutely cherish my time off with my family, they are no strangers to me going on a rant when something pops into my head.  :)
Day 28 - Respond: Should technology drive curriculum, or vice versa?
Ooooh...good question.  I think there's no right answer here.  For us in BISD, we always begin planning with standards in mind.  So, in that regard, the curriculum is driving the technology integration because the standards drive our curriculum.  However, more and more we're seeing technology be worked into our standards, so we are starting to see the great importance of using technology to enhance teaching and grow Future Ready students.
Day 29 - How have you changed as an educator since you first started?
Oh my.  Where do I even begin with this one?!  I am more assertive.  I am more confident.  I am more comfortable in my own skin making decisions that I know are best for kids.  I'm no longer afraid to say what's on my mind, even if it's not in line with popular opinion.  I have more finesse.  I am ok if I work hard on something and let someone else take credit.  (We all play for the same team!)  And every passing day I have a clearer vision of where I want to go as an educator.  :)


Comments