30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 17

Day 17 - What do you think is the most challenging issue in education today?
Balance.  I think trying to find a balance between curriculum and instruction and assessment is the biggest challenge in education today.  Where does technology fit in?  What about engagement and inquiry?  Teachers struggle daily with covering all of their curriculum in order to prepare students for assessments.  I think we are seeing more and more teachers branch out and do what they know in their hearts is best for kids.  However, it's a big leap of faith.  I am always impressed when I see teachers embracing the 4C's (critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication) to create a classroom culture that is positive, standards-based, effective and FUN!  If you know of someone who is doing this well, I would love to hear about it in the comments below!



Comments