An interesting look at the #ISTE NETS #bisdwired

Let's start at the beginning - do you know what ISTE is?  ISTE stands for International Society for Technology in Education.  This is a wonderful organization that provides resources, professional development and amazing publications for the world of educational technology.

Which brings me to the NETS.  As stated on the ISTE site:
The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) are the standards for learning, teaching, and leading in the digital age and are widely recognized and adopted worldwide.
If you've ever taken the time to really look at the ISTE NETS, they're just plain good.  If you haven't, I urge you to do that now.  Here are the links...


As I was doing research and taking another look at these NETS, I wondered what they would like like in word cloud format.  I am sure I am not the first person to do this, but just in case you are like me and missed the last person who did...here's what this looks like...

NETS for Administrators

NETS for Teachers


NETS for Students


Aside from some of the big themes across the three word clouds (learning, digital, technology, USE...), the words that caught my eye were...
  • Administrators - support, promote, vision, resources
  • Teachers - promote, STUDENTS, tools, professional
  • Students - information, media, systems, problems

I like the picture that this paints in my mind the roles are for administrators, teachers and students.  I would love to hear your thoughts, as well.  How is your district using the ISTE NETS?

And, I hope you join me at the ISTE Conference this summer in San Antonio!



Comments