Have you heard of Zipbooks.com? Fundraising made easy! @ZipBooks

Thank you, Brad Hanks, creator of Zipbooks, for this guest post!

I remember doing door to door fundraising to earn money for Cub Scouts camp. I was assigned to go up a certain street in my neighborhood. When I knocked on the door of an older looking house, I was shocked to see an old man open the door with just his underwear. Not knowing how to react, I began my speech about the different kinds of popcorn he could buy. The man stared at me and slammed the door. I left feeling humiliated. I didn’t realize at the time that it could have been much worse.

Kids are asked to go door to door trying to raise money for their school or camp. But is fundraising worth the risk? Nobody likes door to door fundraising. It makes both the parents and kids uncomfortable. I don’t think the people at home are excited about the visit either.

Most of the profits don’t even go to the organization raising money. Only about 30-40% of the money stays at the school.

Accounting software like Zipbooks might be an unlikely place to find a fundraising solution, but there are plenty of free options out there that will send an invoice for free. All the PTA needs is the email address of a willing donor and the school can send out a free invoice and 100% of the money donated can stay at the school. Instead of having children go door to door, parents can hit up their friends and family through email. No more asking strangers for money. No more buying something you don’t want.

Just my two cents.


Comments

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. best time tracking software

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment